Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Hate Sunday Nights

I hate Sunday nights and I am often quoted on Sundays as saying , "I don't wanna go to school tomorrow!"

I remember when I was little I would almost always have trouble falling asleep Sunday nights. The mintues would tick by. I could hear the TV from downstairs as my parents watched the Sunday Night at the Movies movie. Each commercial break they would play their special song and I would get more and more upset with each playing of the song because I knew it was getting later and later.

Worse were the Sunday nights, as I listened to said commercial breaks, before Monday's spelling tests. They weren't every Monday, but when we had them, my Sunday nights were more miserable. All those words running through my little brain; the pressure to have them all memorized.

Sunday nights are great on the rare occasion my husband is home. His presence can makes all those bad Sunday feelings never show up. But since he is in the restaurant business he is usually working both weekend evenings.

In my adulthood I have learned that NOT sleeping in late on Sunday morning is crucial. I can fall asleep rather quickly now, but I still don't want to go to school tomorrow.

1 comment:

JJ said...

I am right there with you. I also associate Sunday nights with the smell of ironing. My mom would iron in the family room downstairs while Sunday Night at the Movies was on. I hate that smell. I don't iron now - I fluff. And I don't want to go to school tomorrow either.