Friday, May 4, 2007

Man, this baby must corner like it's on rails!

I just have to get something off my chest here. What has happened to etiquette? When did the masses decide it wasn’t necessary any longer? What is wrong with people?

I take the subway to work. My office is next to Madison Square Garden and above Penn Station. This is where a great deal of New Jersey, and Long Island Railroad commuters come into Manhattan. Now I must have been out sick the day they sent around the memo stating that these two groups of people had free reign over walking where ever and however they wanted with no regard to others. But damn it, I’ve just about had enough.

I get out at 34th Street from the A/C/E line. I get up from my seat as the train slows to a stop. The doors open and the above mentioned masses push their way through those of us trying to get out just so they can get a fucking seat on the train. And to make matters worse, if I try to push my way out of the train while saying, “Excuse me”, these people have the NERVE to call me an asshole. HELLO?

So, in order to avoid this RUDE crush of people at the end of the train I started riding towards the last third/middle of the train. Getting out is usually not a problem, but as I near the end of the platform where the entrance/exit to the station is the above mentioned group of assholes start running for the train to get on before the doors close. I have actually been knocked to the ground by men wearing business suits. WTF? What if I were your pregnant wife? I bet you would be singing a different tune.

Is it so much to ask that you have a little common courtesy for your fellow comuter? I’m just a simple girl with a simple dream: to get to work without being knocked to the ground. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: